The Registrar works under the Vice-Chancellor as the Chief Administrative officer of the University and provides secretarial
services for the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation. The Registrar handles all formal University correspondence
on appointments, resignations, contracts, supplies, legal and property matters.
The Registry Department is divided into the following divisions:
- Council and General Administration which takes care of all matters as well as the day to day administrative duties;
- The Establishment Division deals with all staff (Academic and Non-academic) matters, including Welfare and Pensions;
- The Academic Division deals with Admission, Examinations and Records as well as other matters relating to the academic
aspect of student life.
The Registry also provides at various levels administrative support staff for services at the colleges, the Faculty and
all other units of the University.
BURSARYThe Bursary Department headed by the Bursar is responsible for all financial matters of the University. The
department carries out the following functions:
Its Students' Accounts section is located at the Delta
Park area of the University. The Bursary also maintains Finance Units in all the Colleges/Faculties of the University to facilitate
students' financial matters.
- Documentation and recording of all financial transactions of the University-Income and Expenditure
- Collection of Students fees and payment of bursary and scholarship awards;
- Preparation of periodic financial statements for Management, NUC and Council
- Preparation and payment of staff salaries, allowances, pensions and gratuities;
- Custody of cash, cheques, contracts, Insurance, etc.
WORKS AND SERVICESThe Works and Services Department, headed by the Director of Works and Services is responsible
to the Vice-Chancellor for the maintenance and up-keep of all infrastructure such as buildings, water supply system, electricity
distribution system, roads, drains as well as the grounds. The department is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of
student' hostels, classrooms as well as the University's owned and rented houses. The department also handles utility matters
i.e., light and water. The department maintains the grounds and gardens on the Parks too.
If a handout is available online (e.g., a newspaper article) I might include the appropriate link to the information students
need on this page.